Saturday, January 3, 2009

Playing Catch up

Now that the holidays are over it is time to get caught up. I am behind in several of my BOMs. I am in way to many for one thing.

I picked up my blocks from "Pieced Together" today and actually came home and made them. These are 2 of the same 9 inch blocks. I think it is going to be really pretty when it is done. Here is a picture of all of them so far.

Another one I got up to date is from "Quilt of Many Colors". They have 2 color ways and I am doing both. It is a mixture of different sized blocks. I can't make up my mind which color I like the best. They don't even look like the same blocks.















When I was making the last block on the green one I used some new pins my DH got me for Christmas. They are called fork pins.

They are made to use when matching up seams. They took me a little while to get used to them but I am starting to like them. I think they helped me make one of the best blocks I have ever made. I am going to keep watch to see if they have improved my stitching. I will keep you informed but I think they are pretty good.

Well time for bed. The Colts just lost. BooHoo.

4 comments:

Dee said...

Bonnie, I love the second colour way in your Quilt of many colours best but the other one is beautiful too. I love making blocks like those. Can't wait to see the finished quilts. I've heard about those pins. I must get some to try. I wish I could be this productive. D. :=)

Jeanie said...

Hi Bonnie,
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I love the bright blocks that you are working on. It will be striking when it's done!
Happy Quilting!
Jeanie
GracieOliverArts.blogspot.com

Jackie's Stitches said...

I love your blocks!

Would love to see a picture of how you use those pins. I'm a new quilter and am not familiar with them.

Wilma Lee said...

Your blocks are really pretty. I might have to try those forked pins. Thanks for visiting my blog.