Saturday, October 4, 2008

Race Day!!



Today we went to see our grandson Jonathan run his cross country meet. He raced in a BIG invitational in Portage MI. We drove 2 hours there and back to see him race for 8:42 minutes. Only saw him at beginning, 2 times middle and at the end. He came in 8th place out of around 500 middle school boys. He did great!!! He has had a tough year because he is in a growing spurt and it is hard on his muscles. He just loves to run and I love to watch him.

This is Grandpa and our granddaughter Sara before the meet.


After the race we stopped on the way home in Shipshewana for a late lunch. It was an Amish style restaurant. They have quilts decorating their walls. One kept calling to me so I took it's picture. I will try to make one like it myself if I can figure out the easiest way to do it.
Isn't it pretty? It was all hand quilted. I just love the colors.

I also stopped at a LQS while there and picked up a few 30's prints. Mostly for borders and backgrounds.

All in all it was a good day!!

1 comment:

Debi said...

If you want to participate, post a giveaway on your blog, then email me with a link to your posting of your giveaway. I will then update my blog with your listing. You will also need to link back to the Fall into Fall website on your posting.