Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day

Boy was I surprised! I had a quilting class today. When I got home my DH had made me a Valentine and got me a box of DeBrand's turtles. My favorite candy. He hasn't done anything like that for a long time. I really liked it. Not bad for being married for almost 44 years.

Our son and daughter in law called and asked us to go out to supper with them. Lyndsey agreed to watch the 4 little ones. It was really nice to go out with them and no kids. We actually got to talk. They came back to the house and sit and talked some more. Sometimes just adults is really fun too.

I had a really fun class. It was raw edge applique which I have not done very much of. It was fun till I started putting it all down and we were running out of time. When I feel rushed I get very nervous and overwhelmed. But I got it tacked down enough to get it home. Now I can play with it.

Some of the pieces are just laying there and not in place. I still have some stems and leaves to put in it. It was fun to do and I might try it again.

No comments: